Sunday, June 20, 2010

Writing Tutorials


As I sat waiting the bug spray guy, I began to write a tutorial for a cleavage cover up or a modesty modifier. I started with the shirt and added the photos as I walked through writing the tutorial in my head. You would have laughed to see me in the kitchen with my cleavage shirt propping up the mirror and trying to get good pictures. the first few were so funny. One had me looking down at my own cleavage in wonder.


I am bosom blessed as you will see tomorrow. I need to finish the cover up. I have the cover up cutout, but not sewn. So after I got the pictures, I put back on my t-shirt and began to write out the directions. I think I finished the directions, still no bug guy. I also wanted to add some small quick things to the Christmas in July classes.


I saw a no sew tutorial on making a Business card holder from an Orbit package. I traced the gum package I have and wanted to write better directions for the class, I'm going to add some small stitching. I got two tracings to fit on one page of cardstock. This way I can make copies and not worry about having gum packages for everybody. My plan is to give the directions with two cardstock template pages. One for class and one to be able to copy from, if the ladies want to make more. Maybe on colored cardstock. I will link up the tutorials when I finish them.
Tomorrow is more waiting. This time for the Windows installer, we're getting new windows in the house. We have drafts through four windows. I hate to be in the middle of something when a repairman comes to the house. Because I lose where I am in the project and most times don't get back to the project and it ends up on the WIP pile.
My Father's day is going great. I had my genealogy class at church, then a meeting with a new boy scout from our troop to get his paperwork staightened out. My husband had his best friend come over for steak dinner. The two of them are outside on the front lawn visiting. Male bonding at it's best. The friend's wife is visiting their only daughter who is expecting their first grandchild any day now. I thought I would post to the blog and start typing up my tutorial notes while they are outside. The teenager is watching "Robin Hood, Men in Tights". I talked to my Dad earlier in the week, they are going out of town to visit friends. Hubby talked to his Dad, yesterday. Our oldest son called this morning and one of the girls texted the Hubby "Happy Father's Day".

No comments:

Post a Comment