Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday sew and tell

Yesterday I actually told the Hubby I had stuff to do. I gave him the checkbook and closed my eyes. He left with 3 places to go, then came back and told me he made 7 stops. I knew the checkbook was a bad idea. LOL


I finished two of the four placemats I started the other day. I used the pattern "Take Four" it's a stack and wack pattern. It was pretty quick I finished 4 tops in an hour and a half.


Then I finished two quiltings, and backings in about 45 minutes. I was trimming the batting from the thirs and cut of part of the backing. I trimmed them and decided to bind the second two with a regular binding. The first two I used the Quick Mitered border ruler. I have the second two bindings cut and pressed. One is stitched and pinned for the front to be sewn down. the second is pinned for the first sewing.


While at Embroidery club, I bought another 1\2 yard of the backing green fabric, because for the binding I had to cut into one of the backing fat quarters. The plan is to make a total of eight placemats for my kitchen table.


I like out the cutting option shows the colors, and forms a pattern across the placemat. This is going to make a great class.


This week has been a very busy sewing week. After I called all the maintenance men and confirmed dates for arrival, I could stop sitting in the kitchen, because when I'm working down stairs, I hear a noise and I have to come up stairs to see if it is them. I do that three or four times, before I just hang out in the kitchen instead. I'm trying to post every day or every other day. I did like Candi for Candied Fabrics and made a list of projects in the order they need to get done.


To Do List:
4 Placemats 85% needs binding finished
Wedding announcements 25% digitized
Penny's apron 25% digitized
Pat's hats 35% digitized and sample stitched out
Chuck's Hats 20% digitized
Dennis's shirts ordered from wholesaler
Tami's Shirts " "
Vickie's shirts " "


I have finished a bunch of projects this week, so take a minute and look to see what I made. I'm linking this up to Amy Lou Who's Sew and Tell Friday. Link on the sidebar.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job with the placemats! You have been busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your placemats!!! and as to your question...all my patterns are my own. I look around and see what I like then I adjust it to suit me and what I do..I have learned SEW (heehee) much from doing it that way...plus since I have a business they all have to be MY designs. Have fun finishing all your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring placemats! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful placemats! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol you to do list looks like mine! The place mats are looking great! I love to use the stack and wack method. Makes for more finished projects.

    ReplyDelete