Monday, June 21, 2010

New Scripture bag and tutorials

I sat waiting for the Windows installers again this morning. At 10 am I called them, because it started to drizzle. For the last three Mondays I have been hanging out in the kitchen waiting for them. I know they can't install the windows in the rain, but it would be nice if they would call me. Now I'm scheduled for next Tuesday, because of the weather report. Guess what it started to pour down the rain again, as I sit here typing my post.


While I waited I traced out a pattern and wrote directions on making a Simple Scriptures bag. I had bought a nice simple bag for my grandson's birthday in July. I always think I can make that. Today I did.


I finished the actual making of the card holders, and took all the pictures. I will finish the tutorial soon. I made changes as I was making the holder. I always do that. Sometimes it is because something didn't work like today. I was going to use Wonder Under, but I didn't have any, craft spray to the rescue, but it made more of a mess. Then I wanted to use the stitch witchery to close the sides, but the stitch witchery didn't want to sticky to the card stock. I did get the pattern scanned and a couple of copies made before I started. I think the opening might be a pain, so I'm going to get some sticky velcro dots. I only have the sewable ones.

I did a little of the stitching on the Modesty panel, but didn't feel like futzing with the pinning and trying on the top.


I pulled out the Cordura to make the Simple Scripture bag. I cut a chunk off the pile and began to work on it. First to test the embroidery, how would the cordura hold up to the embroidery process?


The red stitching is the first one. I just used a font on my Ellageo. Note the start stitch number of each letter while testing the stabilizer. Second Stitch out was to test my stopping and starting to change colors, and I doubled the stabilizer.

Finished (almost) finished bag. I need to fix a couple of the corners. Clipping a little exuberant. The next bag will be out of a little heavier cordura, which should fix the pucker problem. Cordura is the stuff that briefcases and backpacks are made out of.

Off to watch the Bachelorette. Yes I watch cheese reality TV. I like it. I try and pick the winner or in this case who the Bachelorette will pick.

2 comments:

  1. Love the card holders! Looking forward to the tutorial. I especially like the outer pockets for your Scripture bag. Thanks for sharing! Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the card holder and will be on the lookout for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete