Friday, June 18, 2010

Take Four Placemats

Yesterday, I had a bunch of meetings. No Sewing. I did stop and buy a bunch of Christmas fat quarters. I'm working on projects for the shop I like. I'm going to be teaching some classes. The Placemats above are todays project. Of course tomorrows too. I finished the tops and tomorrow while the Hubby is off Male bonding with a friend, I can use the big kitchen table to lay out and pin the batting and backing. They are going to target shot their black powder pistols at the buddy's hunting property. After lunch I get the house to myself. I might not even answer the phone. Teenager is working tomorrow afternoon. Oh, well I just got a call, I have to answer the phone tomorrow and the door. The bug spray guy is coming after lunch. I have the house sprayed annually to keep down the bugs, ticks and spiders. I am a city girl living in the north woods, so bugs be gone.
As you know the weather has been rough here lately. It has rained everyday for 30 days or more. Last night we had tornado watches and warning most of the evening, with thunder and lightning. Which means I shut down all the computers, and sewing machines.
The placemats are from the "Take Four" pattern by Cary Flanagan. I got to meet Cary at the International Quilt Market in Minneapolis. I finished the 4 tops in about 2 hours this afternoon. I had already prepped the fabric. Prepping means I finished the washing, ironing and starching the fabric. I bought enough fabric to make 8 placemats. I need to finish the first 4 by Thursday night.
While I sewed I also washed, ironed and folded the new fat quarters. I have to get up and walk and use the rest room every hour, so I walk past the laundry and shift the laundry, then put it out next time I walk past, etc. The fat quarters are to become the Texture Magic Christmas stocking from Annie Unrein.

No comments:

Post a Comment