Monday, June 7, 2010

Lost in my sewing room

Yes I have been lost. Some of it was travel. Some of it was finishing up sewing projects for sale. I don't like to post those, becasue they're not really mine. Yes I did it, but the design is someone else's I'm just the stitcher. Even the digitizing, which makes me happy.

I have been wrestling with what to do about the blog, the etsy store, and even the business. I am so very grateful I have a husband who loves me and wants me to be happy. I have found that I'm not the best business woman. I charge too little for my time or some say, they will pay me next week and I let them, just to not ever get paid. The bad part about that is I saw the lady is still using the bag I made (yes the unpaid for one). My husband says let it go. I was so proud of that bag. Now I hate that bag, everytime I see it.

I like, no love that feeling when I surpise someone with a special gift I made with them in mind. I've been thinking about just finishing the projects I have and not accepting any new work, until I get my mind straight about what I want to do.

I want to stitch what makes me happy not a dozen hats, or even a dozen ties. I made wedding hankies that turned out great, but I felt rushed, the whole time.

So with that said I'm off to hem pants, sew on buttons and stitch out hats. Yes I can multi-task. I hoop a hat, and pin the pants, hoop a hat, stitch a leg. hoop a hat and stitch a leg, then hoop a hat, and stitch a button. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment