Monday, June 28, 2010

embroidery club

I attend two different embroidery clubs a month. The local one is by my friend Bobbie, she is the Viking dealer and She has classes regularly. The sceond club is about 1:30 minutes down the road. I went today, when I called the roofers and found out they were not going to make it today. When I walked in Tanya the owner, handed me a cd of designs, she said I ordered last time.
The crazy part is I don't remember ordering the cd, but it was exactly what I need. I was asked to make a baby announcement about 6 months ago. The mommy's sister had a baby boy, and the mommy wants me to make one for her nephew. For the first baby, a girl, I made the embroidered announcement with flowers in bright pink on chocolate brown fabric. This time, I needed something for a boy. The fabric is going to be mottled blue, with green lettering. I'm thinking the ducks or the teddy bears in the corners. But my first thought was a train, I have to think about it.

Tomorrow, is the roof guys. I got a call from the window guys and rescheduled them to next week, because they are running behind, because of the rain storms last week. Today was fabulous sunny and 65 degrees. The roofers dropped off the dumpster and the supplies to do the roof.

My to do list
Placemats 90 %
Roberts Wedding announcement 90%
Lasley wedding announcements 90%
Apron 100%
etc

1 comment: