Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mock Up

Mock Up. Ysterday I had an Ah Ha Moment. I was drafting out a small hip bag to carry cash, cards and my phone for our Vegas trip. Who wants to carry a ten pound purse running around Vegas. The measurements kept coming out weird. So I decided to make a mock up with card stock. I used two colors trying to lay out the size and the pockets.

Picture One is the outside of the lining with all the stitch markings, so I could see if the size fit what I wanted. The first version ended up too big, using the weird measurements from my drafting on paper. So I quickly cut it down to better match what I wanted.








pictures 2 and 3 are the insides of the lining folded out. Picture 2 shows the cash pocket on the left and the ID pockets on the right. Picture 3 shows and up close of the draft of the ID pockets. Now I have a full size template/pattern to cut out my fabric with. I didn't use full size paper for the folded pockets, but I also have the width measurements from the cash pocket.





I also made another tote bag yesterday for my daughter. The outer fabric is called bark cloth. It had a nubby texture to it, Because the pattern was Hawaiian. I decided to "Aloha", the pocket.






I looked up Hello on the computer and got a link to 800 words for hello in foreign languages. I added a bunch for the embroidered pocket, except I got a thread tornado under the third from the last hello. So my daughter gets a bag without embroidery. I'll fix the stablizer problem and make another bag with Hello, I have a great green fabric and maybe the lettering in a matching green.
My kitchen smells so good I could drool. The Nesco is cooking a Prime Rib roast. We're having our delayed Christmas dinner with our Army Son. I've been wrapping presents. At least I remembered to take pictures before I wrapped the last tote.

No comments:

Post a Comment