Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy day even got to sew for three hours

Three days of sewing in a row. I got up and dressed early. Packed up my sewing machine and laptop into the car. I meet some friends for breakfast at a place called the Wild Hare cafe. Great hot chocolate. Then I ran to Ben Franklin and got some necessities, but left my "need it list" at home by accident. I was so surprised that they didn't have an small ruler, like I lost yesterday. but luck would have it I found the lost critter. It was in my To Go sewing box.

So after Ben Franklin it was nail day. It's so nice to have nice nails. Then at 1-4, I volunteer at church in our family history center, but nobody has been coming in to use the center due to the weather. So I brought in my sewining machine and fixed two aprons that I made earlier for christmas presents to the nail lady. The bib needed to be trimmed. and the straps reattached. I had embroidered the business logo on the front of the apron. The tough part is the aprons were made out of Ripstop, which is really slippery. I also did some design work on the computer. I figured out the way to line up the stitches to attach the backing and vinyl, and also give me guidelines for cutting. I should have photos tomorrow of the finished project.

A friend is coming over tomorrow to sew with me, in the morning. We bought a bolt of natural (undyed) duck cloth. She wants to make tote bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment