Thursday, February 26, 2009

Can't believe its been two weeks

Hi, long time no snarffle. I got a whopper of a cold and have been hacking and snarffling for over 10 days now.

So last time we talked I was up two days in a row of sewing. Normally my Weds are crazy. I meet friends for breakfast at 930 and then shop. At Noon (every other week) is Nail Day.

Happy Nail Modeling and fancy fingers. lol
Under my hand is the latest tote.









This was made for a friend as a thank you. I'll write more about this tote and such in a few days. I'm writing a tutorial on how I make these totes. I was asked to teach a class on the bag for the ladies at church. I agreed, except the embroidery part. That's my thing.





My girlfriend and I spent Thursday, playing with fabric and designing her tote bags. It was crazy with no actual sewing done.

This is one of the samples we measured and diagrammed as an option.The sides had edge stitching to make the bag more boxy. They added a hard bottom and using weird bais tape sewed it in. I may have to try this.
Then Friday I woke up with an awful cold. and lost a week. When you can't move your head with out your sinuses sloshing, sewing is not on your list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment