Tuesday, February 10, 2009

two yes two sewing days in a row.

I got a second sewing day in a row. Wow that almost never happens. Love it when the weather gets bad. Its been raining and is now snowing, which made the roads slick.

I got my new Creative Embroidery Magazine in the mail. Lots of good stuff, but I was struck by a contest to be Green. My friend, K, just move back home from Hawaii, and was admiring my tote bag on Sunday. Because I like to try new things I give away the experiments and ask them receipient all sorts of questions, what they liked and what they hated, etc. When I asked, K what color her eyes lite up. She loves everything Hawaian. So I sent her to a great site hawaianfabric.com. I have/had two old hawaian shirts that don't fit right in my closet. (Not any more).

It was weird I ironed the shirts, before I chopped them up. While the embroidery machine was chugging away, I removed the buttons, and deconstructed theses tow lovelies.


Green is one of my favorite colors. Even if K decides on something else, I'm going to use these for my next bag. I need my Timtex. And green web belting for the handles. So the contest it to send in pictures and decriptions of how your project was Green. (get it, Green shirts). I crack myself up sometimes.

I laid out some great designs, I'm going to make luggage tags for one of the guys my hubby works with who is leaving to go to Germany the middle of April. I also drafted a Travel journal cover for him, but before I go to far I need to buy the notebook. I'm using some of the ultra suede. Note: use a topper when embroidering on ultra suede, my lettering was sinking into the nap, while it looks good, it could be better. I'll have picture tomorrow or thursday of the luggage tags, because I'm not done with them yet. Well off to watch Biggest Loser and sketch more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment