Monday, February 9, 2009

Sew Happy

Today was a great sewing day. I cranked up the iPod, sang and sewed all afternoon. I had to show you, my iPod set up, funny huh. My favorite of the week is Brooks and Dunn. Although I want to buy the new Wynonna CD.



The weird picture of my measuring ruler, is because I lost my ruler for most of the day. I have another just like this with a red slide that I still can't find. But I finally found the blue one at 3:30 this afternoon. You don't know what you need most until you can't find it.

I wanted to show you what I finished. The Embroidery Library tutorial for the sketch pad covers. So, I finished three covers that I had embroidered last week.


This picture is turned on it's side, but it's for my daughter what I also embroidered the dragon on a sweatshirt for christmas.






This is the modified inside of the book cover, I made two pockets to hold the book instead of only the one. I liked the feel of it better. I also added a pen/pencil holder to the side and deleted the button closure.






This is of a dragon and a wizard, from Embroidery Library, for my son-in-law. He and my daughter (not his wife) love dragons and drawing.





This is the two pockets and I made my own labels using the printer fabric sheet method, love it. I will change the color on the text to a darker red, but I was so happy.





This is the red cover I made for my doodle pad, I take it everywhere, it fits perfect in my purse. I added a pencil pocket (red). The fabric is a woven suede from Syfabrics.com
at $5 a yard I went over board. This was some of the fabric I thought was ultra suede.

I had sewed in a hair tie to use for the button closure, but it had a teenager malfunction. When I was showing off what I finished today. One tug and poof. At least I hadn't sewn on the button yet.


I'm thinking about making up a bunch of these and adding them to my etsy store. Maybe with matching totes.

Over all I am pretty please with how the tutorial worked out. The Embroidery Library has a ton of great tutorials and video. Today also included fixing a tote bag I made a few weeks ago. I used web belting for the straps and forgot to scorch the ends, so it was fraying and climbing out of the bag. It only took ten minutes to fix, but I also added a label.
Life's hardest thing to do is to throw your hard work into the washing machine and close the lid. I used pencil on the duck cloth of the two blue covers so now to wash the marks out. Tomorrow is supposed to be an ice storm so maybe I'll get two days in a row of uninterrupted sewing. WHoo Hoo.










No comments:

Post a Comment