Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today was much better sewing day than yesterday, with my semi-annual doctor appointment. I had to donate blood, fasting labs, she took four vials of blood. I call that a donation. I'm diabetic so my doctor checks all the necessary levels. I'm doing great. But I want to talk sewing not doctors.


I finished the marroon scripture tote bag. I also began to put together the child's tote that I embroidered the other day. I finied the straps, and boxing the corners. All that is needed is to attach the straps and wash out my markings. The bag is inside out.

I also did a couple of sketch pad covers. I embroidered two more and began to cut out the lining and pockets on the red one I embroidered the other day. I alos set up to embroider three sweatshirts for a co-worker of my son-in-law. I had to adjust the font, because the S was cut off linda funny. So I cut and pasted to make the swoop of the s look like I wanted. I had to play with it so it sews out in the proper order.
Tonight is ladies night out. I will be picking up a tote bag I made a few weeks ago, one of the straps is coming loose. Sometimes I hate nylon webbing as straps. The end unraveled, which is why it came loose. I saw a trick on tv I might try. I saw this neat paint that is rubber, you dip your tool handles in it to get rubberized handles. I wonder if I dip he strap ends in if that would work better than scorching the ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment