Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling better

Catching you up on my week.

Saturday I found the best colored chopsticks for turning. I love the colors. I use drink mix containers all over my sewing room, they hold my rotary cutter perfect. I also have one my lint brush/roller fits in like a glove. No more stuck to everything.

Late Saturday night our son came home on leave from the Army. He got back to the states from Iraq mid-January. His unit sent our a letter that the guys could not start leave until 20 Feb, but then they would have 4 weeks.
Sunday was church and family dinner. It was great I had to pull out the leaves for the table to sit all eight of us at the table.

Monday












I made another tote bag for sale. K picked out this nice hawaiian print from http://www.hawaiianfabric.com/


They even make a Hawaiian Shirt to order. Love them. I ordered matching Hawaiian shirts for the hubby and I for our Vegas trip.













Fussy cut the fabric to have the medalion sit in the middle of the back. The quote is Psalms 91:11.

Tuesday I finished the tote and was playing with a tutorial I found on Fat Quarters at http://www.sewmamassew.com/



I used two Diet Coke fat quarters. Quick and easy. iPod holder or Camera case. My camera fit great. This makes me want to sew a bunch of theses to clean up my laptop bag. I have loose parts every where. I had made a holder for my loose parts out of a firm placemat. I'll have to see if I can find that picture or maybe take another. The placemat holders were quick and easy, embarassingly easy. Fold and sew.

Wednesday. Nail day again. Fabulous nails. Then the history center, when I showed someone how to get started searching her genealogy.
I got home and found out the Hubby and Army son bought a car. My son saved money while in Iraq to buy a car. I wanted them to wait for me, because my hubby pays full price, no dickering for him. The boy is happy. He'll have to drive it back to Texas from Minnesota, but he's excited about that. He said, writing the big check was tough. I checked blue book this morning, they got a good deal on the Ford 500.
Thursday (Today) I spent getting Insurance and the car ready. This afternoon is about my blog and my paperwork. I bought a copy of Quickbooks, for tracking my receipts and such. The accountant's recommendation. Oh yah, I went to the accountant on Tuesday morning, between runs to the auto repair shop for the teenage daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment