Friday, September 13, 2013

Twin Skirts


I read on a blog somewhere, where she made jean skirts from legs of old jeans.  My Twin granddaughters are 4.  I had my daughter measured their waist and the length from waist to knee.  I had found some of my old size 22 jeans in a pile to take to the recycling box. The girls’ waist was 20 inches. I measured up from the hem of my jeans, added 1 ½ inched for a waist band and the measurement of the waist band was 20 inches.  The jeans have stretch. I folded over the tops ½ and then 1 inch. Stitched down the waist band and threaded in ¾ inch elastic cut to 19 inches. After I was finished with both skirts, the simple blue jean skirt needed something more. 

Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the embroider skirts.
I embroidered a flower on each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment