Thursday, September 19, 2013

Digitized a GPS bag

I have been taking digitizing classes for the new software I bought.  Two classes ago we digitized a hip bag (crossover bag), quilted with a stippling stitch.

I have made small 5 x 7 bags before.  My son asked If I could make a bag like mine for his GPS.  I pulled out and digitized the bag.
I made noted on the bottom of the back of the bag for the cutting instructions.
Cut 1 - 7 1/2 x 2 front top
Cut 1 - 7 1/2 x 10 front bottom
Cut 2 - 7 1/2 x 6 back
 I sandwiched a piece of batting between the front top and the front bottom
 I embroidered the back first, sandwiching the hooped stabilizer between batting and the two back pieces.  
 Here is my finished first run.
 The inside is hard to see, but I used a cross-stitch type stitch to finish the edges.
 My GPS fits in the bag perfectly with room for the cord also.  I think the next one needs a pocket to hold the cord.  I can decide if the pocket goes on the inside or the outside. 

I will also make  a few changes to the PES file.  I stitched the placement for the zipper, than the stitch down of the zipper was in the same color as the stippling, so my embroidery machine didn't want to stop.  I'll fix that.  I used blue painters tape to hold the zipper in place.

I went ahead and made a bag for my son out the camo fabric he wanted.  I did not make him take the red paisley bag.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment