Monday, September 23, 2013

Baby Banner

A friend's daughter had her second baby a girl.  I saw in a magazine and Baby Bunting Banner, with the baby's name spelled out.  I liked the look, but I wanted mine to not go across (horizontal), but vertical.
I started with the butterfly and flowers, using scraps, from the crochet hook cases.
This is all of the parts drying on a towel. 
To finish the banner, I used doubled over Ribbon, spaced about two inches between each piece.  The embroidery took me a few days. Because some weeks, I only get to sew for an hour, here and there.  I was so excited I used Facebook and contacted the Mom and asked for her address, then mailed it the same day.  She posted Facebook pictures of the banner hanging over the changing table and she said" Paige watches her name, when I'm changing her and her big brother Dylan loved it too".  I might need to make Dylan one of his own.

Next time I'm going to embroidery the ribbon into each piece, now that I know how far the spacing needs to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment