Sunday, September 22, 2013

Treadle sewing machine

I have wanted a treadle sewing machine, since I found out in my twenties that no-one knew what happened to my grandmother's treadle.  She taught me how to sew with a treadle machine, before my legs could reach the treadle. 

A friend and I found one at a garage sale.
 The top needs some work, but I think that all the gouges and stains give it character.
The drawers were empty, but the machine works and the shuttle to hold the bobbins was in the machine.  I took the machine out and dropped it off to have it serviced. 
 
The machine doesn't have model number just a serial number, when I get it back, the service guys is going to leave it threaded for me.  Plus he has bobbins for it.  I'm going to have to spend some time finding a manual online. 

No comments:

Post a Comment