Tuesday, July 5, 2011

fabulous 4th

I hope everybody had a fabulous 4th of July.  I did, even though it started earlier than I wanted.  The Hubby took a few days off so we were sleeping in when the phone rang at 6 am. 
This dude called us from Iraq,  He's coming back to the states the first week of August.  This one is my non-communicator, he doesn't write and he doesn't always call. 

Saturday the Hubby and I drove over to Silver Bay MN along the North shore of Lake Superior to visit a high school teacher and family friends, who moved to Minnesota.  It was a nice drive in the new truck. We spent the afternoon and evening with them. About 9 pm, we headed to the hotel then had breakfast with the friends before meandering back home on Sunday.

4th July was like an extra Saturday, we got up after our phone call. Went to breakfast, stopped by some friends to invite them to dinner.  A quick run through the store for steaks. A nice easy holiday meal; of steaks salad, potato salad, coleslaw and rolls. Visiting with family and friends is a perfect weekend.

Today was slow paced. I ran some errands, did a few house chores, then packed for tomorrow. I am leaving on a jet plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment