Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 2 Salt Lake City

Today was day one of the FEEFHS conference. Federation of Eastern European Family History Societies is a small conference.  The conference is setup with six break out sessions in the morning and then after lunch we meeting with a consultant for a one-on-one session in our area of research in the Family History Center Library.  A group of us walked five blocks to The Gateway mall for lunch. I hitched a free ride back to the hotel via the trax, a light rail train. Check out the bronze pidgeons on the roof of the station across the street from the hotel.


After spending  the afternoon in the Family History Library. I walked to dinner and then met one of my classmates so we could go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice at the Convention Center. It was awesome to sit in the conference center,
 I really enjoyed watching the conductor as he worked with the different sections of the songs.
The organist and the giant pipe organ were amazing.  I'm going back for a performance on Sunday morning, they perform a show called The Spoken Word at 9:30 am. I don't fly out until 5 pm on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment