Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 4 Salt Lake City

The last of the conference went really well.  I attended all three sessions, then we had lunch with a talk afterwards.

Session Two was about resources for Eastern European research on Ancestry.com .  I did something funny. The speaker was on slide 2, when I asked him to stop and chnage the color of his text to something other than Ancestry yellow/green.  Everyone else in the class agreed it was too hard to read.  I like to sit in the back of the room and could not read the slides.  I'm just getting old.  He laughed and quickly took our tips on how to change the color and we were off and running again.  I do learn something in each class, even it isn't about my area.

After lunch we wandered back to the Family History Library.  I feel like a goob taking pictures of the library, so I didn't.  I used all but 15 cents on my $5 copy card. You swipe the card to activate the copier and the printer function on the copiers. About 5 o'clock my tummy started to growl, so I headed back to the room to drop of my stuff and to talk to the Hubby. 
Two Salt Lake City blocks down was an Olive Garden. I had Shrimp Ravioli. The table across from had four small kids under 6. The youngest was not a happy camper and was screaming and whining.  He had to much stimulation and needed a nap bad.  I wanted to give the Mom my bread sticks to feed him, but before I could get up the waiter thought the same thing.  But the bread and salad was not what he wanted.  Mom had to take him out of the dining room for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment