Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 1 Salt Lake

My flight was very early, this morning which is nice, but tiring. I got to Minneapolis, then was on a very full flight to Salt Lake City. I was a bit annoyed at the car rental line, but got over it when the girl upgraded me, because it was all they had.  I'm driving a Dodge Dakota pickup, very nice, basic little truck with four doors.  My son's would not fit in the back, but the grandkids might.  This would actually be a great truck for a teenager or 20 somethings like my boys.
The flight arrived at 10:45 am, so I couldn't check in at the hotel, so I went shopping.  First stop Lane Bryant, for jeans. The Lane Bryant closet to the airport was in this very nice outdoor mall. I took pictures of kids playing in the water fountain in the middle of this mall.  I missed the singing and dancing, that happens every 30 minutes.
The music ended and alot of the parents grabbed their kids and disappeared. I wanted to get out of the parking garage, before 1 hour was up, so I didn't have to pay for parking.  The mall is called The Gateway. Turns out to be 5 Salt Lake City blocks from my hotel.  7 Salt Lake City Blocks equal 1 mile, while 10 regular city blocks are a mile.

This is the view from my room at the Salt Lake Plaza. that is the Capital building in the background.
 The second picture is of the back of the Family History Library and the dome behind that is the Mormon Tabernacle where the Choir sings every day at 10 am. I might have to play hookey one morning and go to see them.
I also found three sewing stores and a grocery store before I headed to the hotel. I only bought 2 fat quarters and a pattern.  A quick quiet dinner in the restaurant next door and now it's check my email and post time.  I got up at 3 am Central Time and it's now 15 hours later, I might turn out the lights soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment