Monday, June 27, 2011

Embroidery Club Monday

Today was so crazy, I got up early to clean out the RV. It was pouring rain out. The teenager and I cleaned out the RV and dropped it off at the dealership.  Yesterday I found all the keys and the titles to both of the vehicles we traded in on the new truck.  Because today is Embroidery Club day, I need to leave home by 11 am  for the 1:30 minute drive to Grand Rapids MN. I had a plan for what I wanted for the cleaning. But decided that we were just going to load up the boxes and bags and sort the stuff latter. We dropped off the RV at 1030. I was on the road by 1050.  Look what I left on the kitchen floor.
This is stuff from the RV kitchen and the bathroom.

Monthly my Babylock dealer has an Embroidery club meeting where she shows off new stuff and then we show off what we did in the last month.

I bought this very cool Glow in the Dark thread. 
I got home about 4:45 and checked my email, and I got a surprise.

Every Sunday I spend a good part of my afternoon in the Family History Center helping people work on their family genealogy.  This Sunday, the center cleared out early and I started to read on Rootsweb's message board about Croatia.   I decided to post a message asking for help. My great-grandparents came from what is now Croatia to America in 1910's.  My surprize was a two and a half page email response from an expert on Croatia Family History.  He gave me information about my family names that confirmed what I had been told that we were German.  He also gave me 4 links to more information.  One link he believe is a family tree of my maiden name. I had found this page before but dismissed it because the birthdate was wrong.  
I need to go throught the email and read each link and think about what the expert is trying to tell me.  I am so excited about my upcoming trip to Salt Lake City for a genealogy conference on Eastern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment