Monday, June 13, 2011

targeting the plan

I'm sorry I haven't been  posting as often as I want.  I decided that I need a better plan. I use my iPhone to help keep me on track for house stuff. Much better than a To Do list on paper that I used to lose in the bottom of my purse.

On the calendar function I add an item and then delete them as I finish each item. For example:

Today
9 am  Dry Cleaners
10 am pick up Shoes for husband
11am Laundry from Hubby's Trip
1 pm Pictures in Photoshop
2 pm Blog about pattern weights.

Many of my favorite bloggers, Sew Many Ways, and Domestic Anarchy posted with themes for each day.  Maybe if I use that to help me plan my posts, versus sitting and staring at the screen without a plan.

So today I'm on target with the plan. Yes, sort of,  I wrote the blog post in Word and laidout the pictures to help me be better organized. Which is funny. I used to be so organized. I had what used to be called a Filofax, then a Steven Covey organizer. That was all before....  I must warn you I am a Virgo.
That means I like to rearrange and rearrange the plan regularly. Sometimes planning in my head for way too long, which is what happened to my blog. I was plotting and planning for way too long. Then I read someone else's apology for not posting regularly.  Decided not to procrastinate any more and to just jump in and go for it.  So today you dear readers will get 2 posts today. This one apologizing .... and then the Homemade Pattern weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment