Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Buddy

This morning I had to clean up my messy space to begin to do anything. You might think that I'm a teenager the way everything was thrown around and piled on every surface.  I basted my new nightgown's seams, so I could check fit. I was pretty happy with the fit. I could use a smidge extra across the bust, but it's do able. I also played with the tensions on both the sewing machine and the serger. This material is a silk and is wiggly and touchy.
It's hard to see, but I ran to Joann's for matching thread.  I'm going to have to change my buying method. Normally, I like to buy 2 spools of thread for a project, so I can wind bobbins while still sewing. Now I need 4 spools, so I can serge, or maybe six spools.

My new baby can use regular thread, not just cone thread. I just slide on these spool holders over the thread spindles and off I go. I have four sets of cone thread, 4 of each, black, grey, cream, and navy blue.  
 I had to take two breaks and go pick up the husband from the dealership.  He came out of a dentist appointment and the check engine light came on. It turned out to be nothing, but I picked him up and then ran him back over there to get the car when it was done.

I pinned the lace on the front of the bodice. The machines are set up for tomorrow,. Whoo Hoo.
I also used the serger to clean up the edges for some of my towel samples.  I needed to do something about the raw edges.  I was learning toward binding the edges, but serging, is perfect.  I also finished the cover of my pin board, it's just a pale blue, bed sheet, I fixed the hem, that was coming undone, and the serged two sides, My picture of the board turned out kind of crappy, because of the lighting and the pale color.

So you can see towel samples instead.
I also cut the rest of the towels, I have in the pile for samples. I will also serge those edges in the next few days. This way I have the pieces ready to stitch samples wihout running around looking for old towels.

The Hubby has been eyeing a Toyota 4 Runner, so when I dropped him off, he stopped and talked to the sales manager.  He would like to trade out unused RV in and his Explorer, the one I got fixed last week.   About 2 hours after the Hubby came home, I got a messge on my phone about the pictures the sales manager asked for, the dealership already has someone interested in the RV. So tomorrow morning I'm going to take pictures of our RV and email them to the dealership.  Looks like his going to get a new truck faster than I planned. Hopefully it will have stopped raining,

No comments:

Post a Comment