Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Evolution

I was so sick of fussing with my serger. I have sewing to do. Don't you Know?!  Thursday last week I fussed and got frustrated and walked away.
Friday I fussed some more and thought I had it fix, Nope. not fixed.  Grumble, grumble.
Saturday, Went and drooled over a new serger. Too much money
Sunday talked to Hubby about old serger.
Monday, Called my favorite dealer 1 1/2 hours away from my town. She had an Evolution for better price, display model, I'm good with that. She even threw in some extras.

Today. I drove over early and got a lesson, threaded the machine five ways to Sunday. Ran to lunch with a friend. then picked up my new buddy.
Yes I grabbed the photos from the web. I didn't want to show off my messy sewing room. This morning I decided I needed to have a bag of scraps to practice on. So I cut left and right and just tossed stuff every where to leave to get my new friend.

This Machine is two machines in one. It's a serger and a coverstitch machine. The best part is the air threading system. You run your looper threads through two steps and then tuck the end of your thread in the hole and swoosh, the looper is threaded.  If you watch the video on Babylock's site. Nancy Zieman is so excited about this threading system.  (I grabbed the YouTube.com link because it was easier to grab.)
The method if switching from sergeing 3-, 4-  to coverstitch is so easy, flip the lever and thread the coverstitch needles.  2 minutes I swear from sergeing to coverstitch.  You can also combine coverstitch and serging, or you can chainstitch (straight stitch) and serge.

I got home after being stuck behind a logging truck doing 55 in a 60 MPH zone. I unboxed it and threaded my new buddy.  I made such a mess, I need to take the time to clean before I can do more than just stitch more samples.  Tomorrow, I need more thread. I have that night gown project and the jean skirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment