Thursday, September 9, 2010

Buried under hats and shirts

I've been buried under hats and shirts. I just finished 18 shirts in 3 hours. a shirt every ten minutes.


Just so you don't think I've only been working on shirts and hats. I am going to an Embroidery Conference in Evansville IN. I made a name tag. I hate the plastic things or the "Hello my Name is" sticker ones. I found this great design on Embroidery Garden's website. Of course I modified it. I'm going to make some of the original design, she added a plastic pocket to the front for the name tag to slide into. A second additon is the pocket on the back. I love this thread fabric. These are my colors, red and green. The design has a great sewn button hole to add the clip snap thing for a retractable badge holder to.

I also finished another bag for my mother-in-law for Christmas. It has her name on it, using my quick tote tutorial. I also cut out two more bags from a yard of demin I had in the stash pile. I found a nice blue for the straps. I also cut out a surprise bag. I haven't decided who is going to get this one, yet. It's going to be a cross between the quick tote and the big market bag. I have black cordura for the bottom, and the perfect fabric for the body of the bag. I have an embroidery design I made that I want to put on it, but I'm debating, because then I will not want to give the bag way.

I got my Original Sewing Expo package in the mail for the 11 - 13 Nov trip to Minneapolis. I have a hard time picking classes. I need to check in with my travel buddy to see if she can still go. Plus the Hubby wants to go on a trip, so after I get back from dropping off shirts and hats, I'm going to be knee deep in Delta.com for travel arrangements. Our anniversary is coming up and he wants tickets to Disney World. Plus he's working overtime to make sure I can't say No. Isn't he cute. I haven't said yes, but like a kid, he's decided that if I don't say No, then it's Yes. He's plotting and planning; driving me crazy with his plans. Every day is more plans. Got go here, eat there. etc. I'm going to keep him, even the kid part of him.

6 comments:

  1. Love the name tag and I totally agree about the whole "My name is..." and plastic covers - ick! Have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice finishes. Have a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your name tag. Wherever you go I hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finishes! Have a lovely trip:)

    ReplyDelete