Thursday, September 16, 2010

Like my model

I asked my husband to model my newest creation and he looked at me like I was crazy. I found a new model in the garage. I think he's kind of appropriate. My husband has been visiting the surgeon monthly for the last six months and This should be his last checkup visit. I thought a nice gift was in order. Hubby thought it was funny and liked it, but would not wear the scrub cap.
Butterick Pattern 4946 was fast and easy






















I used the scraps and made two more Name tag holders from Reen at Embroidery Garden, for the Disney trip. Yes I gave in and booked the trip in January to Florida. Here in the Great Northwoods of Minnesota the end of January and beginning of February are known for being cold (50 below zero cold). Florida in January is good. This is our anniversary present to us. The name bagde holders are made in the hoop. I also made some travel folders. A long time ago I was given a plastic folder that I use all the time to hold the trip papers; flight reservations, hotels, car rentals, the maps, and then all the receipts. My plastic one is great, but I only have one. I have four trips coming up and I need a folder for each trip. I could have made it totally out of fabric, but the file folder method works for me. I sprayed the back of the folder and laid it on the fabric and pressed. Once the fabric was in place, I covered an extra piece of the file folder for use as a pocket. I stitched across the bottom of the pocket and then stitched up one side of the folder catching all layers in the seam, across the top and down the other side. This will be perfect for holding all my documents in one place for each of my trips. I need to make a few more, but I liked how it turned out. I can cover the inside of the folder too, but maybe next time. The file folder added just the right amount of firmness. I cut the file folder the right size to hold a bond sheet of paper folder in half.


1 comment: