Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day One of IEC

My day started at 5 am, I was on the road at 6 am. 

I drove past Evansville, IN, to Ft Campbell KY.  My oldest son is stationed there.  We talked him into waiting on his car, until he found out what was going on at his first duty station, could he be deployed right away.  The answer is not until May 2011.  The deal we made was that I would bring his car in Oct when I came to visit my Dad. My dad lives 4 hours east of Ft Campbell. 

After finding his unit, I started to unload the car from the Tow Dolly.  I was startled when a sergeant asked me if I was repossessing the car.  I laughed and said no, I'd be a bad repossesser. Then I told him I was delivering the car to my son.  He offered to help me unload it.  After visiting with the boy, I dropped off the tow dolly and headed north again.  I'll stop back when we have more time together next week.

I made it to Evansville in time for the opening ceremony and first class.  Mary Young taught basic digitizing, called "Where do I start?"

 Mary is helping a student try to ungroup lettering.
Class was spread out, due to power plugs.
Mary and a couple of new friends. Darlene, sitting next to me is taking her part-time embroidery and quilting business to full-time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment