Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Shirts for me

Getting ready for my trip I decided that I need some t-shirts embroidered.  I like this one best, because the variegated thread goes from lavender to pink. Plus I have always loved the geometric look, reminds me of my youth and drawing with pens and the gears.  I'll remember what that is called at midnight tonight.

I used the Sewing with Nancy Place and Stitch book. You lay your shirt on the book to figure out the neckline, then you open your software with the neckline embroidery (basting stitches). I copied and pasted the neckline, because it only gives you one side, lined then two up and flipped one over,  Then I browsed my bazillion stitch files for something cute, but not to old. I added the first one at the center of the neckline, then copied the rest up the collar. I didn't go all the way to the shoulder for two reasons: 1: my hair covers the shoulder area and 2: the way I laid it out on the hoop would not let me.  LOL

So after I finished these two, I started to look for more shirts to do. I found was some white shirts with stuff on them already.  I let the teenager rummage through the pile and she took two.  This is what she left - a mess on my bed. 

I had to run some errands, so I stopped at Fashion Bug and got a bunch of shirts On Sale. It was buy one on clearance get the second clearance $5.  I got 6 shirts.  Three of them are perfect to decorate: 2 white and one teal green. Plus a cute tunic with lace, then a blue t-shirt, with a weird fabric flower thing and a nice black 3/4 length sleeve with hot pink swirls.

I have plans for the fabric flower covers t-shirt, but you have to wait until tomorrow for the before and after pictures.  The Hubby called and said he needs another scrub cap with Pirate stuff on it, because one of the guys is having a rough day and needs to growl at another office. Grrr Arrgh

No comments:

Post a Comment