Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting ready for Indianna

 
  
I've been working on Projects for my upcoming trip to Indiana.   You can't read it very well but it has the name of the conference. I choose a grey thread that blended in the denim.
I'm excited about going to the International Embroidery Conference in Evansville IN.



I added tons of pockets. There are four upper pockets with two lower on the top by my hand, and three upper and three lower pockets on the bottom, closest to the cutting table. This flower burst pattern has been on the stash pile for over a year now.  There is also the same pattern in a plum/purple color.  My daughter liked the blue with the denim, but she frowned over the plum. (she's my artist child) The fabric might become my working out the kinks fabric, because it's a nice home dec weight.  I had a problem, I cut the boxed corners the wrong size. I wanted it to be narrower.  This made the bag almost square. My travel cadoodle plastic box fits inside the bag perfectly, even with the corners oversized. I can also slide in rulers, my soda, etc.  This is going to become a good going to sewing class bag.
Every Tuesday morning I have to go read Tool Time Tuesday by Sew Many Ways. Karen always has some interesting ways to use different items from a hardware store in your sewing room. Plus I want her sewing room, it's 12' x 24'.  Today Karen took two side tables and a hollow core door and made a new desk. I did something similar with my cutting table.  Karen is 5ft 3/4 inch and I'm 5ft 8 inches. So we have similar problems of normal furniture not being the right height.  My cutting table, one from Joann's with the folding legs, which kept trying to fold up and one of the legs became bent. I bought two cubby bookshelves from Target and a bunch of the fabric drawers. I slid then cubbies in place and flipped my table on top, then literally pried the legs off, my husband had glued them.  Then I flipped the table back over. One side of the table is hanging down, but I'm looking for the perfect hinge and bracket to hold up the rest of the table, but still allow me to fold it back down. I put a lot of my stuff in the fabric drawers, but I ended up flipping them on their side so I can see what's in them.  Until I find the right method of labeling the boxes.

My cutting table fixed.


No comments:

Post a Comment