Monday, March 16, 2009

Sewing up a storm

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week since I last posted. I vow to do better. I have been sewing. Since I last left you, the family went to the twin cities and I visited SR Harris. I started to take pictures but I was being stared at. So I stopped. I made a tote bag out of some of the fabric I bought. I love the fabric, I bought it in gold and burgundy. The embroidery says" Machine Embroidery is more than a passion, It's Life Altering." I always make my straps really long, 30 inches. And I made the folded pockets, so there are eight pockets inside and one outside. I also made a zipper pouch to match. These are going in the etsy store. Minus my junk to show the pockets. LOL




I got a little pouch crazy and made a ton for the store.

Showing off the new phone in a pouch.

This one I added pockets on the inside for cash and cards, with room to spare for my phone.




I also finished the new bookcase, the instructions sucked, but with the Hubby's help we finished the shelves and I put all my books and such away.
I also embroidered on a deep green pouch for a girlfriend who is into turtles. I figured out how to embroider before I start to put the pouch together and how to lay it out to make sure the embroidery in not on the lining. Been there done that.
Our son in the army leaves tomorrow, he's driving his new (used) car back to Texas. He's excited about the road trip and all. His Dad is nervous. The Boy is 23 and a world traveler, but Dads worry. It's funny I'm not worried, maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment