Monday, March 23, 2009

New Bag Pattern

I tried a new bag pattern today. It was in the Quilts and More magazine.

I liked it. But the bottom seam is really bulky and you can feel it. I also had enough fabric left over to make a wristlet to go with. Better picture below. I made another wristlet with enbroidery on it for a friend, the thread is tone on tone. My picture doesn't do the bag justice.




I decided to make another because it is a quick and easy bag out of this turquoise (can't spell) blue home decor fabric and more Micheal Miller fabric for the inner bag. plus enough to make a wristlet.







I've been sewing and making a pile (basket) of things for hand sewing like slip stitching the linings closed then I do that watching TV. I think these bags are going to be gifts not for sale because of the bulky bottom seam. I did trim down the blue one, but until I'm totally finished tomorrow is when I'll decide to add to the store or not.
Friday playing pennies I broke even. I walked out with the same amount of cash as I walked in with 3 hours earlier, including buying lunch. Not bad. I hope Vegas is much better. I've been looking on the Internet for embroidery stores and sewing stores to maybe take a class while I'm there. I can't (CAN) shop all day long for five days, while the Hubby is in his conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment