Thursday, March 5, 2009

My day ended with a BANG

Day three of the sewing room makeover. I got up really early and got started on the room again. I wanted to clean off my sewing machine and sew today. I found this great tutorial at http://pinoyinoz.blogspot.com/ on a lined wristlet. The directions were really simple. I knew what fabric to start with and all.
So I moved the old small bookcase from the laundry room and placed it on top of the dresser. Fit perfect. Then I loaded lots of fabric washed folded, and cut or ripped to size, ready for a project.
And then the Hubby got up and wanted to take me to Home Depot.

Okay. He bought me this nice drill for allowing him to spend money at Home Depot. It fits my hand perfectly. Don't get me wrong, I'm a power tools and gizmo girl all the way. We got home and he headed for the garage to put the sanding belt on the grinder, etc. I headed for my sewing machine. I unburied the sewing machine, the ironing board and the embroidery machine.

I made the first of many wristlets from the Heart of Mary tutorial. I love how she encased the zipper. But now I need to got to Joann's and buy more zippers and key chain hooks. I cut out and began five more wristlets.
Arrrg you mateys, throw me a life preserver.



My daughter (19) loved it. She's always using the kangaroo pouch on her sweatshirt to carry her keys, phone and wallet. This is more better. (Yes More Better).
She headed off to work and the boys were starting to forage for food. I shut things down for the night and made supper. Mexican, Minnesota style. Each of my kids eats a piece or part of the dinner, so everything is put into separate containers.
After dinner the boys headed over to a friends to play video games. The Hubby wants an air respirator for working with the wood and after yesterday's dust and such he needs it. We didn't find what he wanted at Sherman Williams or at Home Depot. I suggested he look on the Internet. He came got me to buy what he found and BANG.





Yesterday's shelves hit the floor. I even used those expander things, because I only hit one stud. It broke my ironing board. My sewing machine, the iron and the door to the closet are okay. I just laughed and took pictures to show you. I couldn't even think about messing with it tonight. I guess I get to use my drill tomorrow after another trip to Home Depot.
I was so going to tell you about this book I got in the mail, yesterday, but I can't think about books. I got two more in the mail today. I'll take them with me to the cities tomorrow. I love getting $21.95 books for $5. Half.com rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment