Monday, March 30, 2009

A little crazy but still standing

I went a little crazy the other night with making the name strips for christmas presents. Don't you love the royal blue ultra suede. You just want to pet this stuff. So I got excited and tried another book cover and the font I used was to big. We all know you can only shrink it so much before it's way to dense, kinda like me yesterday. I had thought to name my site Caroline's creations, but some used the name and is an embroidery shop, in New Orleans. But I liked the look and wanted a notebook cover to hold my doodles and notes as I sketch and such.

As you can see there are puckers and then I ran out of bobbin thread. The C in caroline was stitched twice, because the bobbin thread went crazy and came on tiop of my fabric. I added a topper and started over right on top which I thought would be good. A nice double layer to pop off the fabric. You can still see the bobbin thread in some places.

I'll rescue most of the fabric and use the Caroline's somehow, maybe a luggage tag. Hmmmm

Then I decided that my blog needed a real heading. Designed by me. So I found a nice snowdrift font and converted it and added some snowflakes. It really looked good on paper. But the font doesn't stitch out the snow, it just leaves a blank area to simulate snow. Big Sigh. I added redoing the font to my to do list in Vegas. The Caroline's Creation font down sizing it too. I can't shop the whole time.

While the embroidery machine was cranking away I took some of the name strips and made them into Luggage tags. The black are for the hubby. I used some old belting material. The tan one is backed with more ultra suede. I liked it.

Well I gotta go, I'm off to Grand Rapids, MN not michigan for the embroidery club meeting. It takes me an hour and a half to drive.




No comments:

Post a Comment