Saturday, May 9, 2009

rinse and repeat as needed

I'm not lost. I've been really busy and then my Hubby killed my desktop computer. I came home from a church conference and the computer was frozen in this spam ware program telling him he had bad cookies. My son had this virus over Christmas break. I had to do a computer recovery. That means a lot of my files were deleted off my computer and all the files to activate software programs were broken.

This is a painful physical therapy for my computer. I had bought an external hard drive a few months ago and backed up all My Document files to it. It's just slow and painful to get everything working again. I've had to install and uninstall most of my programs to get them work again.

Install program
restart the computer
test the program
Doesn't work
Uninstall program
Restart computer
mummble mummble
download program on laptop computer
transfer to jump drive
transfer to desktop computer
install program
restart computer
test program
rinse and repeat as needed
Good thing I kinda know what I'm doing

Have you every worked on two computers at once, and forget which keyboard goes to which computer? I'm having that kind of a week.

Three different glues and I think the lace is attached to my Croc Jibbit buttons, my fingers to the cutting mat, and my jeans. Laugh loudly. Head and Shoulders to the rescue. That stuff cleans everything even glue from stuck jeans and gummy fingers. Ooop the computer is ready to rinse again. Hopefully sewing stuff tomorrow. I test sewed out some samples for a friend for some polo shirts. She'll be by tomorrow to pick the color and text. 11 Polo's for the West Point Graduation. Whoo Hoo

No comments:

Post a Comment