Monday, May 25, 2009

New Machine Love

I have to show off my new machine. Thursday was a good day learning to use my new machine. I made a hat for my son stationed at Ft Hood, in Texas.

Once I got home the Hubby and our son put together the stand and we carried in the machine. So Friday, I set up my room, to fit the machine right inside the door to my sewing room. I stitched out some samples, to make sure I can switch needles and that all the needles were properly threaded.




So the Hubby and a bunch of his buddies are going to canoe the first fifty miles of the Mississippi River. I get to drop them and the canoes at the headwaters in Itasca Park and then meet them at the first night's camp site, then pick them up at Lake Irving. This trip is next week, and the Hubby wanted T-shirts for each of the guys. I had a canoe design and I added their names to each of the shirts. So today I finished two of the four shirts. Plus I stitched out another set of the baby slippers.
Of course that was after he took over my whole day on Saturday, we drove out to the camp site. The drive was to make sure that one I knew where I was going, But also to make sure I could get the vehicle down the very narrow dirt road and that the site was open for camping and to check and see what was available. Today I also cut up a copy of the map and laminated for the guys to take with them. Nothing is worse that a soggy map.
Does your husband volunteer you for stuff? Mine does all the time. The canoe trip, the t-shirts and now I found out that he volunteered me to stitch out 15 more t-shirts for the Boy Scout troop's summer camp. I think I need to draft a donation slip for my taxes, for the shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment