Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shirt dress Tutorial


The computer saga goes on. My printer/fax/copier/scanner died. At 930 pm no less. I had to buy another one. The new one is a cheaper plastic version. I found out my old one had a feature I really liked that the new one doesn't, enlargening and reducing my copies. I was trying to work on a digitizing job when the scanner died. I tried all the un-helpful tips on the HP website. I'm sort of happy with the new printer. I would have like to find one tha used my old ink cartridges, but NO. Enough whining.

I was cruising around the Internet yesterday waiting for the Schwan man to arrive and found this great turoiral on making over a man's dress shirt into a little girls dress. How cute is that. I'm a big girl and may granddaughters would love grandma made dresses from some of my old dress shirts. I love not having a need to wear dress shirts to work anymore. Jeans, sweats and fleece are my new friends.
Living in Northern Minnesota, is tough because yesterday it was 65 degrees and today it's 42. I don't pack up the fleece. All summer long, all three days of it. Laugh loudly, I have a jean jacket in my car just in case. Any way, I had cut up a few old hawaiian shirts, then changed my mind about what to do with them, two of the granddaughter live in Georgia.
On my sewing front, I finished nine polos for the grduation and found out that there are two more coming. I alos think I scored a job doing more polos and T-shirts wiith hats for a local business. I'm writing an estimate, tomorrow. I think I need to call and stimulate the economy. Oh crap, I just called and ordered the Babylock professional single head embroidery machine. All sorts of goodies come with the package. Whoo Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment