Monday, May 11, 2009

doll shoes


Today was very productive day, even if what had been on the list to do was bumped down the list. Okay, what I mean was the plan was to stitch out the polo shirts, but the visit yesterday to pick colors and text didn't happen. I did get a friend to pick, which pinecones, she wanted for her towels, which was job 2. Job 2 is now done. Picking colors and text is on for tonight. Just got a call.



I made doll shoes. I found this great site that had embroidery clothes to make for an 18" dolls, like American Girl dolls clothes. I only wanted shoes. Let me explain. I volunteer with a bunch of ladies from my church to sew for a compassionate service project called, "Dress An Angel". We sew preemie burial clothes. Finding clothes appropriate and the right size for a preemie, who has lost their battle with life, it is very hard. Many funeral homes, just wrap the infant in a blanket. Our local funeral homes have found that the families would like their child to be dressed in nice clothes. We volunteered and sew the clothes, donating them to the funeral homes in the area. The funeral homes call us when an outfit is used and we get together to sew another outfit. Each of the two funeral homes were given three different size girl outfits and three different size boy outfits. Our pattern for the outfits are 18" doll clothes. I'm in charge of shoes. The pictures are hard to see. There are eyelets sewn along the top edge that I run a ribbon through so they can be adjusted to fit.
So today I stocked up and embroidered four sets of blue and two sets of white, so far. Tomorrow, I make more white. I can hand stitch thetops to the soles watching TV.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning!
    Where is the site for the doll shoes/clothes? I've created my blog...just don't quite know what i'm going to do with it yet, but it sure is fun reading what other sewers are doing!
    have a great weekend, Carol...oh, did you get the help you needed from Viking? I hope so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.secretsof.com/content/1623 has lace shoes and Advanced Embroidery designs had the slippers and more clothes. http://www.advanced-embroidery-designs.com/cgi-bin/cart/store.cgi?action=link&sku=16146&uid=2715248

    ReplyDelete