Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lace Jewelry


I made Lace jewelry by Anita Goodesign today. I actually made two sets. On each set was six items per hooping to save on stabilizer. Because I have two sets of barrettes on each one the second set I stitched out in a different color combo. So now I have a red and Pink hearts set and a purple heart set, then I made the red and blue geometric pattern and then a green hued set. Tomorrow I will glue them to the barrette backs. I was hoping that my order of Croc Jibbitz (blank ones to decorate) would come today. I want to use some of the barrettes to decorate my shoes. I have these slip on Crocs with just the toe part, but the shoes had on a stupid bow. When I cut off the bow there was a gap. I added a metal flower shaped shank button, but the pin back that I used keeps popping open and stabbing me, I have gotten runs in my nylons at bad times, because of the pin. The embroidery took 5 hours, for both sets. I can do other stuff, but you have to stop and change thread color then start again. I know I decided you had to see the shoes to understand. My weird shoes. I liked Crocs so much I bought stock in the company. I can't even look at the Internet to see how much my stock is worth now.


grotty shoes

I told you that I would show you the eyeglass case from a pot holder I made. I liked the maroon and gold tone. I only had one potholder, so it was sacrificed to the sewing recycling.


I also sewed another pouch/wristlet, to demonstrate the pinching the zipper for the Bag lady of Hackensack I met on Tuesday. We've been emailing. She sent me a link to a boxed bag tutorial. I need to make a boxed bag for my shoes for my luggage. I hate dirty shoes in with my clean clothes. I'll finish the butterfly wristlet bag tomorrow.














I have laid out the embroidery for tomorrow as well. All I have to do is spray the sulky sticky to my towel and load my design. A friend wants me to embroider pine cones on hand towels for her guest bathroom. I'm going to do a few so she can pick the design she likes. I chopped up an old hand towel to use as samples. I hate when towels get all raggy.


I like it, I got an email from a lady at church about embroidering something for her sister's new baby. I also got asked about digitizing a logo for another lady at church. I need to write out my Art Release form. I want to be able to use the image again, or to use it in my advertising of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment