Wednesday, April 15, 2009

gift giving

Yes my picture is on it's side, it's too late at night to fuss with it. I really liked the straps with the snap hooks. This bag is perfect to throw my sketch pad and drawing tools in on the way out the door or to take my notebooks to class in with extra pencils and my wallet in one of the six pockets. I finished my version of the pick a pocket tote, from Quilts and More magazine. My version doesn't have the bulky seam in the bottom. Just the small lining seam. I will post the tutorial later this week. I need to make another one to match the text I wrote as I went alone. Plus a friend asked if I would save the last of this blue green fabric on the pockets for a special order for her grandmother for her birthday. I like special orders. So maybe another in pink, or bright yellow flower fabric from the 70s. I don't know why I even bought it. Maybe for experiments.

I have been sewing up a small storm sewing gifts. 2 weddings and a shower. (wait is that a movie?) I embroidered a copy of the temple for the young couple from church, their reception is on Friday. I digitized the cruise ship for the couple from the Hubby's office who got married on a cruise ship on 14 Feb. Yes 14 Feb. I did press the embroideries, and then framed them for each couple. I also made them luggage tags from the leftover suede pieces.








I can't always decide what is my favorite tool except the one in my hand. But this new to me Crop-o-dile, grommet tool is wonderful. I sewed two pieces of the suede together then punched the grommet on the end and threaded the snap key rings on. The Hubby thinks I need to list the luggage tags on Etsy.
I got a box in the mail. Love presents in the mail. Maybe their not presents to you if you buy them but they are presents to me if the mailman or UPS guy delivers them to the door. It was nice to come home after a rough afternoon, running back and forth to find a box on the kitchen table. Even though our oldest son has to hover when there is a box, because it might be for him. It's an old habit I can not break him of. So I always put him to work, get the scissors, put away the box, etc. Yes he was disappointed it wasn't for him. I got a Teeny Tiny Handheld Micro Vacuum and a new book. I'll tell you about the book tomorrow, promise.
I won the Tiered Patchwork Twirly Dress from Charity at Just Tutes. My granddaughters are gonna love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment