Friday, April 3, 2009

Winning and getting lost

Yesterday afternoon, I won over 1600 dollars. Whoo Hoo. I sat down at the Ebay slot machine and told the other lady that to make this machine pay out we had to talk to it. I added my money and with her looking on in disbelief. I told the machine I wanted to go to the bonus round. I hit the max bet key and off to the bonus round we went. The lady, Karen from Illinois, started laughing. That round we won 200 dollars. after three more spins to get the bonus money multiplier up to 15x I asked the machine to send us to the bonus round. Off we went again. This time we attracted a crowd and quickly the other three seats were full. Karen and I kept being rowdy and asking the machine to give us Ebay *wildcards*. The machine loved us. When my winnings hit over 500 I cashed out so I had proof for the Hubby of my winnings. I stuck in another fifty and kept playing. After about an hour, the Hubby called and while I was trying to tell him where I was, we went to the bonus round again, the shouting got too loud to hear him on the phone. When he found us, I had won another 1000 dollars.

After he talked me into cashing out to feed him dinner, we went shoe shopping. The funny part is they are not for me. Hubby has been wanting a new pair of cowboy boots. He found a nice place and he found a great pair of boots. He bought them with his share of the winnings. Then I bought dinner.

So this morning I went to another great quilt shop and bought a 1/2 yard of pirate fabric, for the teenagers. I also bought a new pattern for a notions bag/wallet. The pattern came with zippers and the vinyl. I also saw a few more patterns I want to look up. Needlesong patterns and Black Swan designs. Then I had a nice lunch at Big Dog brewery. I so took a wrong turn and ended up way north toward Nellis AFB. By the time I got back near the hotel. All I wanted to do was come back to the room and take my shoes off. This is the bain of working from home without shoes on. Shoes are a pain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I wish I had your luck! And your pirate fabric :)

    Give me a shout over at vegbee@littleprintdesigns.com with your address so I can send you a Tiered Patchwork Twirler pattern zine. I drew your comment just a few minutes ago from Just Tutes :)

    ReplyDelete