Friday, January 29, 2010

Zero sewing this week.

I did zero sewing, but I got the new computer Monday at 9 am, as I was packing up my bag to leave for Embroidery club in Grand Rapids (MN). Yes I'm a crazy woman who drove 1 1/2 in a minor snow storm to attend Emboridery club. I had a couple of ladies ask about my purse. It's a bag I made this summer from a Quilts and More pattern called pick-a-pocket.














I was using the teal one, but a modified version. The pattern had a bunch of seam come together in the bottom, which caused bunching. So I modified it to eliminate the bottom seam and changed the pockets to move the seams. Then I had to change the straps. Mine has snap clips so I can change the straps for longer or shorter ones.

I made a wristlet in the cranberry/pink one and gave both to my father-in-law's significant other, Karen. I was showing off my embroidery machines and she ooohed over the cranberry/ pink. Since it was a first draft, I gave it to her. She loves it. The next one needs to have more firmness and more pockets, I always need more pockets. LOL

I think I have everything copied and installed on the new laptop, except I had to delete the Norton Antivirus, because it kept interferring with the embroidery software. Today was copying files to the external hard drive and then from there to the new laptop. While I made hotel reservations for an upcoming trip to Denver. Tonight is going to be about adding fonts to my windows fonts so I can add them into my 4D embroidery software.

Well time to go and cook dinner, broiled chicken and noodles, with a salad.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, at least you're staying active in blog land! Good job!

    ReplyDelete