Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christmas ornaments in January

Christmas ornaments in January is in self defense, I need 150 small gifts for the nurses, lab techs, dental assistants, basically anyone who wanders by my husband. If I can stitch out 15 good ones, it's going to take me 10 hoopings, but I always get one this is not quite right. So If I don't start now, I'll never get them done. Plus then He wants to send a set of six to the In-Laws and friends, which can add up. This last Christmas I mailed 20 small boxes. So that is another 120 ornaments. Oh yah don't forget the ladies at Church. I want to make lace bookmarkers. That is our next lesson in the software at the dealership. Probably 20 of those, plus my nail lady, the ladies at my favorite fabric store (Ben Franklin) and the Embroidery club, etc. I'm looking at 35 hoopings or more. If I do one a week, I'll be ready, by December 1st. Laugh out Loud.

Yesterday was crazy, In the middle of cutting out rolls, right after I took the picture. I use a round cookie cutter, the handle broke, so I decided to use it without the handle, and sliced through my thumb. I bleed everywhere. I put the dough, both cutout and to be rolled out in the fridge. I was going to bake them this afternoon anyway. I made the kids (in their twenties) cook dinner. When we opened the fridge to get the cheese, etc the dough had risen and risen in the bowl. I have monster rolls, and ended up with 5 pans, instead of 4.

Oh I ordered the new computer, It ships on 28 January. Yah me. Now the Hubby thinks my desktop needs replacing. He's great, but my business account needs a little investing. I need to get my store reopened. I just got a job digitizing by email. Whoo Hoo me.

Well I better go shave my legs for the dinner party and de-flour me (shower). What am I going to wear? Do you think I have time to run out and buy a new outfit? Crap nope, only got an hour.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your ornaments. Sorry about your thumb, hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete