Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Killed my computer

I think I killed my computer. I think I may have loved it to death. On Monday, 28 Dec, I wanted to work on digitizing. Turning on my computer because a nightmare. I didn't get the black screen of death, but a screen filled with little red squares, kinda like a funky plaid. I could still make out the Windows logo as the computer booted. I could just make out the click here on the Owners button and the Shut down computer button in the lower left. I shut it down and took great deep calming breaths. In a panic, because I never fixed my desktop so I could run my embroidery software, since I got the laptop working. I tried several times to start the computer. with no success.


I packed up the computer, power cords in hand I drove into town and tried to stay calm. When was the last time I ran a backup? I got to the computer shop and the very young man, looked 14. I told him what happened and he says let me see. I turned it on and a miracle happened, not red plaid. So why am I telling you this, because it happened again today. Tomorrow, I'm going to take my computer for a ride to a meeting I have in town and see if my computer just needs to go for a ride, or if I need to go to the computer place after my meeting. I think I just need a new video card. I did backup my computer two weeks ago as soon as I got home, but the designs I did the last four days might be toast.


My wonderful, lovely husband says order a new laptop, it's a business expense. Isn't he wonderful. So if the laptop repair is outrageous, this is what I want.
Say hello to the
HP Touch Smart
TX2Z series.
I have a tablet by HP currently.
I love the tablet features and the "cool laptop" response I get when I pull it out and twist it to set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment