Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Sew and Tell

I made rolls for a dinner party tomorrow. I always get asked to bring the famous potato rolls. A friend gave me the recipe and said that very few people will every make these, because it takes 3 hours to make a batch. Since we moved to Minnesota, I've been making these for holidays and potlucks. If you email me, or leave a comment with your email I'll email you the recipe.

But between laundry, baking and paying bills, I sewed out more lace ornaments for next Christmas. My hubby likes to give small Christmas gifts to all his coworkers. One year it was mood changing rings, or small nail polish. Because I am Diabetic, I don't make cookies or candy to give away. Hubby also works on an Indian Reservation and lots of the Natives are Diabetic.

So for Christmas 2010, we are going to give the small lace ornaments. I found them on Embroidery Library and got them in an after Christams sale. Using my software I placed 15 white ornaments in a 5 x 7 hoop. I also did that for the green ornaments and the red ones. This way I don't have to change threads. I hoop two layers of "Wet and Gone" stablizer, and just sew straight on that. Then I wash it away, in a basin of warm water, then lay them out to dry on a flour sack towel.
You can just see the white ornaments being stitched. I stitch these out while I'm doing other things, because I can set it up and go, put rolls in the oven or check on the laundry without to much worry.

9 comments:

  1. very beautiful! you're really on top of things. Next Christmas already??? wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year I have big dreams to start on Christmas in January. And it has yet to happen. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. This last Christmas I made table runners. This year I was thinking aprons. But that is all I have done ... think about it. I commend you for actually getting them done. It will feel so good when Christmas comes around to know you already have then done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe I would get my christmas projects finished if I started them now. . . . cool ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a feeling if I went back to your older posts I would see the ornaments. These are cute - I'm sure people will love getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you getting started on Christmas gifts already; I have a couple of friends who do the same and it's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really getting a jump on next year. I don't blame you with how many you said you need to turn out. Yikes. You're a brave woman!

    I'd love the recipe for the potato rolls. :) Thanks!

    karmah [at] comcast [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. Just too organized ;-) Great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really beautiful! They will be a hit, I'm sure. Good for you, being so on top of things for next year. ;o)

    ReplyDelete