Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pantry clean up

As I was putting away groceries,  I got frustrated with my pantry.  Don't get me wrong I love the silly thing.  But stuff was falling off the shelves and I couldn't always tell if I have pickles or mayo. I grabbed the garbage can and went to town.  I threw away stuff that hasn'e been used in 12 years, from when we moved to Minnesota.  How do I know? It had packing tape on the lid from the movers.  I cleaned up leaking bottles of honey and something someone gave me.  I have a hard time throwing things like weird hot mustard from  a gift basket.  I won't use it.  I had planned on donating most of the stuff, but The expiration dates nixed that idea.
When we first moved in the space along the stairs to the basment, was 8 inches deep and probably ten feet tall.  Yes there are places on the pantry that I need one of those grabbers, to reach. The Hubby and I put up adjustable shelves. Over the years the  pantry just became a whereever it could fit space.  Now it is clean and organized. I now know that I have lots of peanut butter, which is good because number 2 son is coming home on leave.

I'm working on cleaning out and donating lots of our clutter. next up is the bathroom.  I have a drawer full of stuff that is preventing the drawer from working properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment