Sunday, September 11, 2011

Genealogy Sunday afternoon

Most Sunday afternoons, I spent in the Family History Center, helping people with their genealogy or working on my own.  I ordered in some films from Salt Lake and they arrived this week.
So I quickly took snap shots of the different sections that are on each film reel.
This means that this is the Cathloic Church in Gaz, Croatia. Church Books, Rodenih is birth records from 1878 - 1894. I also scanned the first pages of each section so I can translate each column. I made a list for each reel.  This will make my searching through the film faster.  This way when I want to find a birth from December 1880, I know what film reel to pull and which section to start in.  The ledgers are in chronological order.

I am so glad I found a great online serbian-croat translator.  But sometimes the translator goes huh????? In different time the accents are placed differently.  I always start with an idea, like birth, death and marriage. That way if I type in umrlica and it comes back with no results, then I cross reference death - umrlih.

I am making a cheat list as I go along.  I need to translate months of the year and make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment