Thursday, January 13, 2011

Traveling or Not

This week I was supposed to travel from Snowy, cold Minnesota to warm sunny South Carolina.  Except, it snowed in Georgia and South Carolina.  Sunday morning I got a recorded call that my Monday flights into and out of Atlanta were cancelled, and they were trying to rebook me.  So late Sunday night I finally got someone on the phone and cancelled the whole trip.  Which turned out to be good, because Atlanta's airport was snowed in for two days and they are still trying to get everybody back to normal.

I called today and booked our annual trip to Vegas.  I have multiple trips and multiple packets of papers, on my desk.  The ladies in Florida and Georgia at Delta were great.  But the paper thing is driving me crazy.  I Have this great plastic folder that I got from Disney one year that I keep reusing.  I tried to make one out of fabric covered  file folder.  Nope that was cheesy. I mean it works, but .... I can do better.  So I made a fabric folder.  or three.

The first one I actually made in September after the file folder problem.

I made two more today in  a sagey green. Because then the Hubby will use them on his trip to DC the end of April. I'm not going because the company I used to work for is based there and the Hubby has ideas about going to work for them again.  We promised the youngest child that we would be here through her undergraduate degree, she's got three more semesters then off to medical school. yah!!!!
I used the original plans on the file folder, but added an inch in length, because I found the first one, needed and extra bit to hold my 8.5 x 10 papers folded in half.  I decided not to add Velcro or a button, because the folder slides right into my computer bag pocket and buttons or Velcro would snag.  I top stitched the top so that holds the flap down, just right. 

I wanted to make one in a Vegas'y print but the only thing I had was some playing cards print, and I didn't have enough.  I'll have to get some more.  Vegas prints from Vegas, babbbyyy!  now comes the hard part waiting until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment