Friday, January 14, 2011

Playing with the embroidery machine

A couple of days ago, I made a huge mess of the embroidery machine.  I got a snarl that I had to cut the fabric out of the hoop and cut the bobbin thread tornado.  I was so mad.  I just had to walk away for a bit.

Yesterday I looked at the machine and thought I don't want to clean out the clipped thread and such.  Today I decided I needed to get the machine back together and running again.  Cleaned out the thread and used the mini vacumn I bought for just this problem.  I rethreaded the machine.  DON'T vacumn the machine with thread on the machine or bobbin thread in the case.  Guess how I know.  The vac sucked the whole bobbin empty in 50 seconds, it was kinda cool. No no ... don't do that.

 ID Holders front

ID Holders Back

I have this embroidery design I bought off the web and I hadn't made it yet, I transferred the design to a disk and printed off the directions.  I read the directions and read the directions.  I seemed to be missing a step or two. Ok I grabbed a fat quarter and cut and starched. I didn't have any warm and natural, but I had fleece ends. 
In this photo, you can see the third one I made out of purple/maroon Paisley.  All I have to do is add the snaps and key rings.  I tried one method of snap, but I think it is too big.  I figured out why I didn't get the directions, the designer Renn, from Embroidery Garden, laid it out so that you turn it indise out and then flip one pocket and you're done. No hand stitching a turning hole, no extra anything.  Once I finished the first one, I was so tickled I had to wake up the napping college kid and make her look.

I then had to go back to Renn's site and see if she had one to fit my iPhone, yes so I ordered it.  I love instant download.

No comments:

Post a Comment