Thursday, January 20, 2011

Brr midji is here

Brr  It's cold out.  It's 12 degrees below zero today and going to get colder throught the weekend. 

I added velcro closure instead of snaps.  I like it, but I need to add the velcro on the pocket before assembly.
After trying the ID Holder from the otherday, I was messing with the file and decided to try and make a bigger one to hold my iPhone. It worked but I need to tweek a little the pocket placement.  I added a ribbon loop on the back so I could hang it from a lanyard, that needs work.  

I sewed the velcro on the flap right through the layers and thought to cover the stitching with a covered button.  Making a covered button was easier than I thought. I just need to be neater, I have a couple of lumpy spots.

I also worked on digitizing a logo.  It's a signature, which is not easy. I want it to have a smoother look.  More work tomorrow.

I have a Genealogy meeting this evening and I need to write up my notes.  I'm the presenter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caroline,
    I've been thinking about you lately and wondering how you're doing?? it was 33 below at our house this morning...a good day to stay home and putz...however, my putzing was to work on my overdue newsletter, but I keep getting kicked off Constant Contact's server...am thinking that it might be easier for me to just do a blob...grrrrrr....I spend so much time fidddling with the computer...

    Do you know if there's a way I can change my blogspot...um...well, I can't think of what it's called...it's the address that identifies me in the IE address bar...

    Hope you and your family are doing well...I miss seeing you once in a while...take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete